- ULTIMATE SURF WETSUIT GUIDE – A guide choosing a wetsuit for surfing. What are the differences between certain types of wetsuits? Check out the simple and easy-to-follow temperature chart before ordering your wetsuit online.
- BOOTS, HOODS, AND GLOVES – Essential wetsuit accessories to maximize your performance in the water. There’s a bunch of different types to choose from – and this article will ease the choice and when choosing wetsuit accessories.
- CARE GUIDE – WETSUIT MAINTENANCE – How to wash, repair and store your wetsuit.
- BEST WOMEN’S STEAMERS – High-end, mid-range, and budget 5/4’s and 4/3’s winter wetsuits reviewed.
- BEST WOMEN’S 3/2 SURF SPRING SUITS – Back-zip and chest-zip models reviewed for women.
- BEST WOMEN’S SURFING WETSUITS – Best models reviewed by the best surf brands of today. Features and technology explained.
- BILLABONG SYNERGY COMPLETE GUIDE – Best women’s surfing wetsuit line on the market. All the models reviewed.
- O’NEILL WOMEN’S WETSUITS – All the O’Neill women’s surf wetsuits reviewed.
- HIGH-END 3/2 SPRING SUITS – 5 best models reviewed.
- SIZE GUIDE – WOMEN’S WETSUIT SIZING CHARTS – 7 best wetsuit brand sizings.
- O’NEILL MENS WETSUITS – A complete range reviewed.
- BILLABONG MEN’S SURF WETSUITS – All the best models reviewed
- ZIPLESS WETSUITS FOR MEN – 2/2, 3/2, 4/3 premium models reviewed.
- SIZE GUIDE – MEN’s WETSUIT SIZING CHARTS – 7 brand references.
- BEST YOUTH’S SURF WETSUITS – Take a look at what there’s to grab from the boys and girls surfing wetsuits.
What material is a wetsuit really made of? The most used technology is a closed-cell foam neoprene, a synthetic rubber that contains small bubbles of nitrogen gas when made for use as wetsuit material. Neoprene may also be manufactured without foaming for many other applications where insulating qualities are not important.
Patagonia introduced a guayule-based wetsuit, a renewable bio-rubber that is the first alternative to traditional fossil-based neoprene.
Wetsuits also have a wide variety of stitching which also determines the final price of the wetsuit. Different types are:
The type of sealing will determine the warmth and durability of a wetsuit. The main types of sealings are: glued, taped, blindstitches and liquid seam.
Four main types of wetsuits:
- Scuba Diving Wetsuits – Extra warm, durable, but not very flexible
- Swimming/Triathlon Wetsuits – Light, extremely flexible
- Surfing Wetsuits – Flexible, comfortable and warm
- Snorkeling Wetsuits – Just a basic layer
As wetsuits are the main garments that determine the warmth and breathability of your bodies during surfing – make sure to find the best possible model for you. In order to maximize your time and effort in the water – a solid knowledge will help you there. That’s why we wrote that article. If you liked it – make sure to check out our other surf-related articles as well.