ABOUT THE PSYCHO
The Psycho series by O’Neill is a top-shelf production featuring their greatest technologies so far. Maximum mobility, comfort, warmth, and durability – the Psycho lets you feel warm and comfortable throughout those crazy swells out there no questions asked. An ideal choice for young groms, or athletic men and female surfers!
3/2 full wetsuit
4/3 full wetsuit
5/4 full wetsuit
Boots, hoods, gloves
Total Score: 4.8/5
O’Neill Psycho Review
The ultimate high performance cold-water surf wetsuit. Built with ultra gooey TechnoButter 3 Neoprene and ultra-minimal seam styling offering unrestricted mobility, enhanced durability, and incredible fit.
What are the differences in the O’Neill Psycho Series wetsuits?
- Psycho One F.U.Z.E (Front Upper Zip Entry) – Patended Chest zip entry with Z.E.N’s barrier. Minimal seam madness. CZ = Chest Zip = Psycho FUZE. Watch The Video.
- Psycho One Z.E.N – Back zip entrance wetsuit with O’Neill’s patented zipper system. Reduced floating feel, short zip with Z.E.N collar to keep the water out. BZ = Back Zip = Psycho ZEN. Watch The Video.
- Psycho TECH – Lightweight, yet the warmest cold-water wetsuit. More insulation & quick-drying properties. Improved ease of entry. Fluid Seam Weld, TB Fire Wall Smoothskin. Triple glued & blindstitched. Mid flexibility / mid warmth temperature rating.
- Psycho FREAK – Best of the best! The lightest firewall on the chest area, supers seam welds. Technobutter 2 Air-Insulation neoprene. Best performance & warmth, no stitchings with the highest warmth rating. Also, the most expensive of the bunch.
PRICES: #1: Psycho Freak #2 Psycho Tech #3 Psycho One
SPECS & FEATURES
(TB) Technobutter 3 Neoprene
O’Neill’s exclusive new pre-stretched neoprene with featherlight, ENVY foam rubber core.
Ultimate flexibility, warmth, and comfort – Built to last!
Single Fluid Seam Weld
O’NEILL’S EXTERIOR FLUID SEAM WELD is a revolutionary seam construction that utilizes a non-chafing high-grade, silicone-based urethane applied in liquid form to the outside of a glued and blindstitched seam completely blocking out water without restricting flexibility.
Patented Z.E.N. Back Zip entry with drain holes
O’Neill’s innovative patented Z.E.N. Zip Entry system is the most imitated entry/closure system in the world. This free-floating exterior mini zip allows for a zipperless feel and stops water from entering the wetsuit. Pullover internal seal that blocks out water for maximum performance. Water that penetrates the Z.E.N. Collar or Super Short Zip is blocked by the Barrier-2 and forced out the drain hole.
F.U.Z.E. Chest-Entry System
O’Neill’s exclusive F.U.Z.E. (Front Upper Zip Entry) system offers a fresh alternative. Using the same free-floating zipper technology as our patented Z.E.N. ZIP closure. The F.U.Z.E. closure keeps you dry and allows unrestricted flexibility.
Double super seal neck
A watertight, toasty warm two-layer design featuring a 360˚ smooth skin interior lining, widely adjustable with a secure lockdown.
Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones
An ergonomic, seamless under-sleeve panel that allows for unrestricted motion and eliminates rashing. Flexible and unique design which utilizes minimal seam placement for comfort.
Sidewinder S-Curve seams
Sidewinder S-Curve seams
Krypto Knee Padz
Abrasion-resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping for comfortable durability. The flexible and unique design utilizes and extended knee pad for added durability.
External key pocket with loop
Located along the lower leg inseam – An abrasion-resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping for comfort and durability. Constructed with Fluid Seam Weld and UltraFlex DS neoprene, this key pocket has added strength, easy access, and completely secure.
WASHING INSTRUCTIONS: Rinse with cool water and drip dry out of direct sunlight.
READ MORE: How to take care of your wetsuit!
O’Neill Psycho Con’s: After reading through the feedback section on Amazon, some size XL+ wetsuit owners claimed the suits were falling apart or letting the water in. No Shorty or Long John on the listings. Also, the limited size options are a con, but I guess that’s expected from a suit that’s performance-driven.
The Psycho series is the best cold-water wetsuit that O’Neill has to offer!
Key Factors When Choosing A Wetsuit
- TYPE – Determine which type of wetsuit do you need: Chest/Back-Zip, short sleeve, or a full wetsuit.
- THICKNESS – Choose the right thickness for the season.
- SIZE – Make sure you get exactly the right size. When you have to choose between two sizes, choose weight over the height. O’Neill’s size chart is pretty spot on!
Check out the SIZE Guides down below!
FIY: Picking the wetsuit regards to the thickness recommendation chart by O’Neill, there are more factors to take in consideration when choosing a wetsuit for surfing: Including body type, activity level, outside climate and so on. This most likely won’t concern most of us, but there’s still some room what the charts can’t fill!
Shop O’Neill Psycho for Men
Men’s O’Neill Hyperfreak Size Guide
from 168cm to 193cm / 5’6″ to 6’4″
from 52kg to 122kg / 115 lbs to 270lbs
Shop O’Neill Psycho for Women
Shop O’Neill Psycho Surf Wetsuits for Youth
4/3 Psycho One F.U.Z.E Chest Zip
Boots / Hoods / Gloves
Read more: Wetsuit Care Guide – How to maximize the lifespan of your wetsuit